Monday 2 October 2017

From Krypton To Kelvingrove.

I took the opportunity whilst up in Glasgow to catch the end of the Frank Quitely exhibition in the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum.
Jemma had kept an eye on the dates and suggested we have a look at it all on Monday.
The last time I'd been in the art gallery was to see an exhibition of Mucha's work, and it was actually quite something to have a Comic Artist exhibit, to me it gave some degree of credibility to comic art in general and I was pleased to see it attended by all age groups whilst we were there.
It was stunning.
I've been a fan of his work since Flex Mentallo and to see original pages and videos interviewing him and his peers about his work was great.
It's a shame that it's not an exhibition that's on tour as it would be really good to make the general public aware of the talent of a lot of comic artist and in particular Mr Quietly, I won't divulge his secret identity.
I can't wait to get see his next project and hopefully the animation that he's creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment