Sunday 25 November 2012

Stephenson's Robot.

I've spent the last few weeks getting back into colouring Stephenson's Robot. This is the book that is an alternative history Victorian mixture of science, magic and steam, drawn by the incomparable INDIO! and written by myself and Jon Ayre.
This page is the first from Issue 3,
 
Issues 1 and 2 are coloured and lettered, and the four pages that INDIO! has completed of Issue 4 are also coloured. I did them before starting Issue 3 as I had a clear idea of the effect I wanted to achieve and couldn't do Issue 3 until I'd tried it out.
Colouring is a long process, and you wouldn't believe how much time and effort goes into it unless you've had a go yourself, so I really do respect those who colour for a living, it's a hell of a lot harder than you might think, even to do it to the level that I do it.
Righto.. on to page 2..

3 comments:

  1. Wasn't Marleen Lowe something to do with Stephenson's Robot once upon a time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'vbe been waiting patiently for this one Dave, but it certainly looks like a lot has been happening. Very keen to see more pages from this, and the colouring suits it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marleen Lowe has provided artwork on the back up strip for Issue 1, The Jigsaw Girl, and it's wonderful stuff. Great to see Marleen's work in colour. Marleen has however provided full artwork on Has Kane Mesmer Lost His Magic Touch? which you can see a sample of over on http://strangestoftimes.blogspot.co.uk/
    And 'Yep' SR is coming along very nicely Dave ... and thanks for the comment on the colouring. It's always a worry that I'll let Indio's artwork down.

    ReplyDelete