Saturday 25 February 2012

The Two Templars - Page 1.

Well I've had this story in my mind for a few years now and inbetween Strange Times chapters I'm starting to build the pages. When I say 'build' it pretty much sums up the process. Inspired by my robot making activities of recent months, which involved sticking torn pieces of pages from books onto a shape and leaving words visible through the paint that have a relevance to the subject matter, I've taken this process to the two dimensional page.
To be honest I'm not sure how this'll turn out and how it'll look lettered. Maybe it'll be too confusing and busy, I'm enjoying the process though, as labour intensive as it is, and so will do the first chapter, letter it up and see if it works.

6 comments:

  1. I'm liking that Dave, old school mixed media approach. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ... it's all a bit experimental at the moment .. not sure how it's going to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely, Dave. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Douglas ... I'm really enjoying the challenge of each page ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know, if you were a bit more of a pretentious a*hole, put on some hipster glasses, and neclect to tell that you do this for fun... it might end up as real art.

    that is meant as a compliment from someone who likes art, but not necessarily the "artists". ;-) of course not applying to Wendy Watson ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Heng ... I think ;o) and there I was thinking that my glasses were actually a little cool :o)

    ReplyDelete