Sunday 16 January 2011

So much to do, so little time ...

Well, it's been another really busy week. I won't bore you with the day job details, but it's been a challenging week. Who would have thought it'd prove to be so difficult to leave a job.

More interestingly, we've had a good week with regards Accent UK, see below, but sadly I've not really managed to find much time to draw for a while now. I did play around with a little character development for my Two Templars book, that I'll start once Strange Times is completed.


Not sure what his name will be, but I want this book to have a much darker, and scratchier, feel to it than Strange Times ... we'll see how it goes.


The guys over at Tales From The Parent's Basement, a comics review podcast broadcasting out of Utah, have joined forces for a special Best Of 2010, with the podcasters who are known a Burnt Weiners. Episode 76 can be downloaded over on talesfromtheparentsbasement.com, and Accent UK gets quite a few mentions ... and none of them bad :o) If you do listen in though I recommend that you have a pen and paper handy as there are a lot of recommendations and although I pride myself on only buying good comic books, I had only read about 25% of those mentioned.

The Fall Of The Wolfmen got a plug over on paradoxcomicsgroup.blogspot.com, as one of the 10 books that they recommend you pick up from this month's PREVIEWS (see scans in a blog post below this one), which is great.

Colin Mathieson and I will be at next Saturday's (that's the 22.01.11) Manchester Comic Mart, shifting some of our own collections, as well as selling the Accent UK titles, so do pop over if you are in the area. The venue has changed and it is now held in the Thistle Hotel (and not Sasha's), which is in Portland Street, Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester, M1 6DP. In case you haven't got Sat Nav, here's a map.






It'd be great to see you there, and maybe grab a coffee and a chat afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment