Wednesday 24 July 2024

Good Lords!

This month we treated one of our D&D Gang to a day at Lords (and a hotel and curry the night before of course) as part of his 60th Birthday present.

I arrived separately, and as I don't tend to go to sporting events with the gang I was the final surprise.

Chatting to Shaun he admitted that he'd seen me approaching and thought to himself, 'Hey, they bloke looks a lot like Dave West'.

As we walked around the inside of the grounds (not on the grass of course) I heard a lot of people talking about this being James Anderson's last Test Match and he apparently is a pretty decent fast bowler. I already knew all of this of course as I'd been speaking to a work mate and had all the statistics to hand. I didn't fool the gang for long though, they know me too well.
We had a pretty decent seat, up in the top tier, and whilst it threatened to rain, it seemed to hold off. I was ready though and was wearing the only hat I have really that is suited to sunshine and rain.
I did try on an alternative, offered by Gary (pictured with me below) but I just didn't feel that I could carry it off.
The rain held off and we enjoyed some really exciting innings, and I got to see James Anderson take a wicket (I'll have to see if it was his last (there is another innings)).
The Birthday boy enjoyed his surprise day out...
Oh...wrong picture..
and I must say, had a more fitting hat (in all ways).
Great fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment