Sunday 23 June 2024

MaccPow 24

It's been a long time since I've been back to Macclesfield and so I was quite pleased when Steve suggest we give the MaccPow comic event a go.

I thinks it's been going for 7 years now, but this was to be our first.

So, 5am my alarm work me up, 5.30 I set off for Steve's house in Birmingham and we'd arrived before 9am.

Pretty good going.

The first thing we noticed was that there was good signage. 

Steve spotted a nice display in Waterstones, but there were others around the town.

The event itself took place in the Town Hall, and was opened by the Mayor no less.
It was nice to be at a small comic convention again, these things get too big and filled with non-comic stuff, but this has kept true to its roots.
There were two rooms of comic goodness, with professional artists given presentations on the ground floor.
Our table was clearly visible to all.
It was great to be back in Macclesfield and this was a great little convention.
Sold a good number of book, met some new customers and caught up with comic friends, and made a few new ones.
All in all a very enjoyable day.
Nice to see Gary Crutchley who popped in for the afternoon, which allowed us to talk WesterNoir and a possible future project (but that's so far off I'll not mention the details to anyone).
Looking forward t the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment