Tuesday 2 November 2021

DUNE

One of my favourite books growing up was Frank Herbert's DUNE.

I think it was the first book that I'd read that ranged from people, through families to politics. Mixing in their a whole heap of strange characters, some of whom were very sinister, in that they were trying to shape and control everything, without most people knowing.

So, the film. The second feature film to attempt to bring such a large story to the screen. I went to see it early afternoon in an attempt to avoid a busy cinema. Who was I kidding, it was at least two thirds full.

It was fabulous.

It was different in places, which I like as it is a different media, but it maintained its grip on the characters, the world, the tribes, the families, the politics.. I couldn't fault it.

The standout moment for me though was the way the sand moved as the Sandworm moved through it. Like a Red Sea washing up against the rocks.

Fantastic and I'm glad I saw it on the big screen.





No comments:

Post a Comment