Thursday 31 December 2020

TV Series to recommend.

 Well, this year has afforded the opportunity to watch more TV than previous years.

I've subscribed to Netflix and NOW (TV and FILM) and get Amazon PRIME as part of PRIME membership... oh..and let's not forget the terrestrial channels.

Programmes that I remember, and therefore feel had some value to me as a consumer are:-

Umbrella Academy - Season 2 arrived this year and I think was actually better than Season 1, which I loved.

WestWorld - I think this one is wandering a little but I still look forward to each season and binge watch it when it arrives.

Lovecraft Country - I really enjoyed the set up for this. Interesting, well acted and on the whole the stories were well told.

The Boys - This was another than I thought improved in the second season from a really good start.

The Watchmen - I loved this. I loved the way it played to the comics as much as the movie. I also really enjoyed how it ended. I hope that it isn't continued but is preserves as a single foray into that world.

Doom Patrol - as crazy as I'd hoped, and far better than I expected.

Queen's Gambit - I like to play chess, and watched this because of that. It was stunning, great acting, great representation of the period it was set in, loved the colour palette. Everything about this was wonderful.

Raised by Wolves - Wow. Great Sci-Fi. I didn't like the ending particularly but will watch another season if they make it.

Looking at this list I'm sure there are some that I've missed. 

Of the list above I think my personal favourites are Umbrella Academy (closely followed by The Watchmen) and Queen's Gambit (as the unexpected gem).

No comments:

Post a Comment