Wednesday 14 August 2019

Asylum XI is fast approaching.

Well, the biggest Steampunk event in the UK, if not the world, takes place every year over the Bank Holiday Weekend at the end of August.

Last year, due to my focus on the new steampunk anthology Enter the Asylum, I failed to get my Stephenson's Robot Issue 5 out. Not so this year.
Yesterday I received the boxes from great printers @CPUK (you can contact Rich via Twitter).
They look fabulous...
Andy Bloor has done his usual great job designing the comic and giving it a colour that allows it to fit in with but stand out from the other issues.
INDIO! has worked his usual crazy magic, each page I receive makes me smile.
The Back story this issue is by the equally talented David Hitchcock. working his own kind of pencil and ink magic on a tale set in the time period that's he loves, Victorian. I've done something with the colouring on this that I'm really happy with. Subtle but effective, I hope.
That doesn't mean that the next Asylum anthology has been put on the back burner though, oh no. Return To The Asylum (see what we did there) is with the printer as I type this.

No comments:

Post a Comment