Saturday 31 December 2022

Three big things that happened to me this year - Part Three.

The last significant thing that happened to me was that I've finally managed to buy a house.

Since my divorce I've been renting, it's been a few years now, and I've decided that I like High Wycombe enough to make things a little more permanent.

After months of viewing, placing bids and getting my bids beaten I decided to get my daughter involved in the process. 

I set up a few viewings over a weekend and invited Jemma down to view them with me. If I was going to bid more than £5k over the asking price then I needed a second opinion.

Having viewed a few with Jemma, she quite patiently asked me why I was trying to buy the same house that we used to have. The ones I was looking at, she pointed out, will never be as good.

Jemma then selected a few houses to view and one was nothing that I would have selected.

We viewed it.

I didn't think too much of the look of the loft conversion from the outside, it being one of the box types to maximise head room inside. Jemma, again quite patiently, reminded me that I'd be spending most of my time in the room looking out of it than I would on the street looking up at it.

I really liked the rest of it.

It even had a great shed for comic book storage.

I put the offer in, at £10k over asking price, and requested that they leave carpets and curtains.

My offer was accepted.

I moved in in September.

There's even space outside to park my car so it's not on a road. Not that I can use it at the moment.
Settling in .. sorting through my posters / pictures to decided which ones go where whilst trying to not turn the house into a Superhero gallery.
Had my first snow...
and my first Xmas here... sadly on different days.
Looking forward to making it feel more like 'my house' over the coming year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment