Thursday 2 December 2021

Last Con of the Year

What a great little Con that was.

Northwich isn't a big town. It does have a comic shop, Millennium Comics run by Dan, but it has no book shop. 

I popped up and stayed at Col's house, meeting Gary at the venue. It was really just an excuse for me to get together with friends before 2022, and whatever that dumps on us all. It was also a chance to support Mike, a friend of many years, who organised the event.

I was surprised that it was so well attended. 

It had a great feel to it, despite being in a cold winter hall, and a whole range of things to interest most people. I bumped into an old work friend who had provided some really fabulous pinball machines. Jon Ayre, co-writer of the Stephenson Robot - Companion Book stories and his family popped by for a surprise visit, and it was great to catch up. 

A really nice day and I sincerely hope that Mike runs another next year. If he does then I'll be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment