Friday 29 December 2023

Gator Boys Figures.

As far back as WesterNoir Issue 2 Gary and I introduced The Gator Boys, a family haunting the Mississippi swampland.

They were kind of a hidden joke as we called the the Pontipees, to see if my Mum ever actually read my comics as the name comes from one her favourite musicals (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (which I believe is based a pretty horrible story (which may have also been true))). 

Anyway, many years laters and we are pulling together some figures to make the table at conventions look a little more interesting than just a load of comics. 

You'll have seen Josiah Black on a previous post so here are two of the Pontipees.





I started with an easy-ish one. It was quite easy to get to all areas of the figure and he only had a pair of trousers on, so only two textures really.
The second one proved much more challenging.
A torn shirt and he was crouched over himself, making it really difficult to get to some parts without messing up parts already painted. The trick, I remembered from old, is to keep very little paint on the brush at such times. 




Quite happy with the result, I wanted his shirt to look as if it had been dragged through a swamp. I think I achieved that :o)
So, 2 down and 5 to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment