Tuesday 19 December 2023

Catching up with my friends from Smart Meters

Well, a few years ago I was employed as an Information Architect at Smart Meters, yep, the guys who are putting meters in people's homes so you can see just how much you are going to be charged for making a cup of tea. I didn't last long, the company really was between a rock and a hard place and to be honest I didn't fancy banging my head against that particular rock for more than about 8 months.

Whilst there I made a couple of good friends though and every year around Xmas we meet up for lunch and a catch up in London.

Sadly this year Freddie couldn't make it due to health issues, and we both hope he has a speedy recovery, but Frazer and I enjoyed a burger, a few coffees and chatting, setting the world to rights, for the afternoon.

I'm not one for selfies so I took a few photos of the bill posts on various boxes along Tottenham Court Road. I love the way they age, where some stickers are torn off damaging the ones below and others just fall off probably due to the weather. They have their own story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment