Wednesday 27 November 2019

Dungeons and Dragons

For many many years I've played the game called Dungeons and Dragons, now made popular by Stranger Things.
I started when I was about 15 and am still playing some.. well... many years later.
Over the last decade, or so, I've played with a group of friends from work.
Once a fortnight or so ... around a kitchen table ... around bowls of crisps and a few bottles of bear ... around a few painted figures on the table ... around a quite a few dice ...
And we all still love playing it.
I've moved down South.
We've had a few new recruits.
But last weekend saw our now regular trip to a rented house in Buxton.
Twice a year we gather.
With all the above, but around a different table.
Has the game lost its appeal?
Have we grown too old for it?
Have we grown bored of it?
'Hell No!'
Last weekend we even had a little flutter and win on the lottery.
Paid for the evening's curry anyway.
Looking forward to the next one guys.

1 comment:

  1. Much thanks for composing such an intriguing article on this point. This has truly made me think and I plan to peruse more dice dungeons and dragons

    ReplyDelete